Monday, June 7, 2010

Dancing in the Park

Funky chicken, the jerk, 50s-60s old time rock and roll, SHOUT! Proud Mary, The Electric Slide, the 80s band Journey, and any other kind of music you can imagine. I spent Sunday evening from 6-8 p.m. with my hubby dancing in Carondelet Park to Bob Kuban's Band. The weather was delightful, the park was packed, people of all ages were sprawled on blankets and sitting in lawn chairs near the lake as the water fountain in the center spewed twenty feet high. My birthday, my music, my idea of a fun time.

Today I received an email from the editor of Sasee Magazine. She forwarded a fan letter, and also a rejection, but in my opinion, one cancels the other, so I'm smiling.

8 comments:

Bookie said...

Sounds like a great birthday with fan letter gift!!

BECKY said...

Hey Linda! Glad you had such a fun birthday! Your husband is so great to go dancing with you! AND, outdoors even! Happy (Belated) Birthday! AND...WOW, a fan letter?! Cool!

Tammy said...

A fan letter has to be the ultimate writer's gift. And how timely...HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! What a great way--and day--to celebrate!

Beth M. Wood said...

I rec'd an "I enjoyed reading your essay, however..." letter from her yesterday. ; )

Susan said...

Sounds like a great time in the park, Linda. Happy late Birthday to you, to you, to you! And congratulations on the acceptance. Toss the rejection to another market. Take care. Susan

Linda O'Connell said...

Hi ladies, thank you for your wishes, and yes, I was thrilled with a 'fan letter'. Two other people I know also received rejections from Sasee on the same day, Beth, so don't feel alone. I did too.

BECKY said...

Hey, put me down with the list of your writer friends that also rec'd a rejection e-mail that day!! Sheesh!! What WERE they wanting??!! :D

Beth M. Wood said...

Maybe we need to start our own "Sasee Rejects" Magazine ; )