Saturday, October 1, 2016

Exposing less and less of me

There was a time when I wore shorts, not just stretch band granny shorts, but nice, tailored,
above-the- knee shorts. I had a stack of them. My once knobby knees are flabby now, and I haven't worn shorts at all this summer. I have come to the conclusion, if everything else is heading south, the length of my pants should be, too. 

I sent that stack of shorts packing today. Fall weather makes me want to grab a flannel shirt.

I did keep out a couple pairs of my very favorite multi-season pants. My mom called them pedal pushers. In high school we called them knee knockers. These days we call them capris. I love my capris, especially the ones with a little stretch, that hover a few inches past my knees.

But as the days are getting shorter and colder, I am ready to trade them in for jeans and long pants. I refuse to wear sweats until winter, though. 

Flip flops have been replaced with tennis shoes and flats, and I am beginning to nest, although I am not ready to hibernate. I thoroughly cleaned all of the blinds and windows, and straightened the basement. Donated a trash bag filled with clothing. And dug out my fall clothing.

Tonight I found my soft-as-bunny-fur throw cover for snuggling under when I watch evening TV. I am readying myself for hunkering down.

How about you? Does the seasonal change affect you in any way?






 


12 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--This weather makes me eager to get out sweaters and fall slacks.

Hopefully, summer is gone for good (or at least til next summer).

jabblog said...

I wear the same (style of) clothes all year round and just add or subtract layers according to need. Usually we don't have extremes of temperature but can seem to have all the seasons in one day!

Bookie said...

Sounds like you are pulling in. I have been chilly all summer due to health so I never even wore my capris or even sandals much. I hope it doesn't get too cold too quick. The mornings have been too cold for me to go out and then sun isn't good for me later. I remember when my Granny stopped wearing sleeveless blouses due to her OLD ARMS. Now I am there. I also gave away a couple of sacks of things this last week! We must be in the same space right now.

Merlesworld said...

We are on the other side of the weather cycle coming into spring, I'm still in jeans and cords but now tee shirts not big woolen jumpers.
Merle..............

Connie said...

Just this week I wore long pants and long sleeves for the first time since early spring. Fall has definitely arrived.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

We just had a few cool days here---in the 70s---but the weatherman says we'll be back in the high 80s soon. I don't care. I'm ready for the cooler temps and, like you, have switched from summer clothes to my jeans and sneaks. Another two weeks and I'll pull out my beloved boots. :) We keep talking about moving to Florida because I love the beach so much, but I don't know if I can give up the cooler temperatures of fall and winter.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Shorts show too much of my legs with the "very gross" veins, but some days are just too hot! I was just thinking about pedal pushers as I dressed yesterday. I remember my mother calling them that. The weather is wonderful, but I can still work up a good sweat mowing!!

DUTA said...

Change of season naturally brings with it a change of wardrobe.The basic stays the same for me - cotton fabric; only the thickness of the fabric and the length of the item varies according to weather. Winter requires the addition of wool/ acrilan sweaters. At present, I'm still wearing summer clothes as the temperatures in my neck of the woods are high.

Lynn said...

Am looking forward to the chillier weather :-) Remind me of that when we are snowed in, although I really like that too! :-)

Pat Wahler said...

A adore the crisp air of fall and the beautiful color that comes along with it. Nothing more comforting than wearing soft warm clothes, sipping a cup of hot chocolate, and reading a good book.

Pat
www.patwahler.com

Janet, said...

Fall - my favorite season. I don't wear shorts too much any more, either. Love my capris. Weather is nicer here now after an entire month of September with 90 degree days.

Susan said...

Yup, the change of seasons finds me putting flannel sheets on the bed (did that today), using a little heater in the bedroom, packing away summer clothes, and wearing socks to bed, among many other things. Good luck at the speaking engagement, Linda. If I could come, I certainly would! Susan