Sunday, March 22, 2020

Sometimes you just have to laugh!

Guess who is social distancing?
 He did peak out to see what was going on. Oh who am I kidding? He sneaks a peek every time I walk into the kitchen. I read that his breed can't get enough food or affection. That sums up our Sassy.

 My granddaughter just posted a video of the hamster-size snowflakes coming down. Her commentary: In the midst of a pandemic, now this on the second day of spring? It's just rude!


I snipped a few daffodils and brought a little bit of spring indoors. The fragrance is wonderful.

Now picture this... I went outside in my pink fuzzy bath robe to fill the bird feeder as Bill stood at the window directing me HOW to open the contraption. He is much taller than I am, so I held the roof open with my left hand, arm fully extended, and poured a container of seed in with my right hand. When I overshot and filled my left sleeve, he laughed hysterically. I ask you. Is that a laughing matter?!

7 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Why were you the one filling the bird feeder? Bill is 8 feet tall. He's like a Sequoia. He should be the one filling it.

I can envision Sassy being the subject of yet-another story. He is a sweet cat.

Kim Lehnhoff said...

The pandemic, followed by snow... what's next, The Hunger Games?

I'm sure the birds thought the feeder stunt was funny, too. Did you hear them tittering?

Linda O'Connell said...

Kim they gathered around and chattered. No joke!

Pat Wahler said...

Hope you just dumped your "armload" on the ground. The birds love it when the seed is scattered.

Val said...

Nice daffodils. Don't sit on Sassy!

Trisha Faye said...

Laughter, a bright spirit, beautiful flowers, grandchildren, wonderful hubby...and a cat. You've got all the ingredients that will get you through these trying days.
I enjoy reading your posts!

Connie said...

Sassy is such a cutie, peeking out from the blanket. Sorry about your mishap with the bird seed, but I guess you have to find humor where you can.