Tuesday, October 27, 2020

The cat and his man, the woman and her pen

Silly Sassy boy can be found snoozing under Bill's cozy cover, but this is taking it a bit too far.
He saw Bill dozing and decided to use him as a perch to gaze out at the traffic passing by. These two are inseparable. I am considering writing an essay about the antics of Bill and his best buddy.




Writing News
 So I have been in a writing lull, or let's call it what it really is, a funk. Maybe it is the cold weather, shorter days, winter, and the political nonsense. It is the end of the month and I looked a few days ago at my submission calendar. It was blank for October. So I started submitting, so far four stories. Two were accepted. 

Just when you are ready to quit, DON'T; give it one more try. That's what I did. People say I am a prolific writer. But even prolific writers have their days. In my case almost a month!

Rest if you must, but do not quit. Follow your dreams your passions.

7 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Sassy is one clever cat! Mr. Bo Jangles likes to perch on my shoulder when I sit down on the sofa. I may have mentioned that he not a cuddly animal, but he does like to rise above the others with various parts of them on my lap.

Val said...

If I didn't know they were buddies, I would think that Sassy Boy was caught in the act of contemplating a crime. Maybe it's just his mustache that makes me suspicious.

Our very first cat was a stray that was about half-grown. She'd jump up on my shoulder, and then SIT ON TOP OF MY HEAD! With her tail swishing back and forth in front of my face, like one of those wall clock cat tails. Hick had a hayride for his work cronies, and a teenage girl asked if she could have the cat. "No." Funny how the cat disappeared one day later.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Bill's friend is one smart feline. He's got a warm perch, and he's helping keep Bill warm as well.

Pat Wahler said...

Cute picture of your boys! :-)

Congrats on the acceptances. In baseball parlay, I guess that means you're batting .500!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I think many of us are in a funk of one sort or another. We are living in some strange times. If we make it through back to a semblance of normal, I bet we'll have lots of blog posts, essays, and stories to produce, if only to prove we survived 2020. You have three days left - I bet you can submit some more!

DUTA said...

Such a lovely picture of 'the sleeping man and the watching cat'!
Congrats on the accepted submissions!

Red Rose Alley said...

haha that's a funny and treasured photo. Your cat must really love his best friend. Yes, we all get into a funk with writing, and then our creative mind starts going again and our words flow like silk.

Have a good rest of the week.

~Sheri