Friday, December 4, 2020

That's WRITE!


When this change of (my) life occurs, I "fall back" unwillingly, unproductive, and out of sorts. But after a while I get used to the cat meowing in my face at 4:30 instead of 5:30. I accept Daylight Savings Time. 

What actually IS: I fall into deep restorative sleep on the couch from 7 or 8-10:00 p.m. I watch the late NEWS and then have insomnia until 2:00 a.m. This is time I could be putting to good use, as in doing chores or writing, but I'd rather stay cozy under covers, complain,  and wish for what was.  

I procrastinate big time. I am so bad I don't even get on the computer. I access my blog, emails and Facebook through my cell phone. Unfortunately my phone does not allow me to respond. I tell myself I'll to do it later. 

Later happens about 6:00 p.m. when it's pitch dark and I'm quite certain it is almost late NEWS time. But it isn't!

I "ugh" and "oh no" for an entire month. My submissions calendar has so much white space you'd swear it snowed on my desk. Yes, I use a real wall calendar, ready at a glace.

By Decemeber I'm in my new groove. Wish me luck. I've turned the page. So far I am on a roll and picking up speed. I have submitted three pieces and am feeling the urge to write. I think I'll give in to my whim.

Check out publishing opportunities here

https://thewritelife.com/personal-essay/


6 comments:

DUTA said...

Good Luck with your writing!
Sleep by the way,has many benefits. Among them, it helps with weight loss. And of course, as you've mentioned - it's restorative and productive.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--I have slowed down (actually stopped) when it comes to submitting to CS or other markets right now. I applaud your energy and persistence and determination.

Val said...

Thanks for the link. My current groove is like an LSDed-spider's web. I'm an unmotivated chair-napper.

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I have been a sloth. So can I use the time change to explain it? Probably not. Other than checks for bills, I haven't written anything. On another front, I finally settled on a baby blanket pattern and crocheted several rows yesterday.

The great granddaughter is a month old. At this rate, I hope to have the blanket done before she goes to preschool. πŸ˜€

Kathy G said...

I stopped over from Kathy's Kampgrounds when I figured out we both lived in the St. Louis area. I HATE the time change and like you, it takes me some time to get used to the shorter days. I usually come to a complete acceptance about the time of the Solstice, and then look forward to the (incrementally)longer ones.

Pat Wahler said...

Your productivity always inspires me. Loads of luck to you! :-)