Thursday, May 5, 2022

Feeding the hungry

 I received news that moved me to tears. 

I contacted my first writing professor, 1979 (teacher appreciation week, you know) thanked him for a job well done, and sent him copies of Chicken Soup for the Soul books in which my stories are published. 

He said since I refused to accept payment from him, he has made a donation in my name to a worthy cause. Indirectly Chicken Soup for the Soul and I are responsible  for feeding Ukrainian people. 

No matter how small the effort, I can confirm one person can make a difference. 

I consider this HUGE. The monetary donation has been made in my name to World Central Kitchen. 

I am deeply touched by this gesture.

6 comments:

DUTA said...

Very moving gesture on the part of the professor!
Your professor is a high-quality human being trying to make a difference in this bloody world.

Red Rose Alley said...

That is wonderful, Linda. It's great that your stories in CSS have contributed to helping people in need at this time. That is a story all on its own. So happy for you. : )

~Sheri

Kathy G said...

What a nice gesture!

Susan said...

Linda, that is absolutely great. To think that you are helping feed some of those dear people who have lost everything is truly an act of deep charity. I am so proud of you! Hugs. Susan

Sioux Roslawski said...

This is a great story, Linda. Your words have a great impact...

Pat Wahler said...

What a wonderful gesture on both your parts. Congratulations!