Saturday, January 21, 2023

Cough, cops and a canine officer.

 Well it has been a week!

My sneezes turned into snorts, the snorts turned into coughs, and I slept three days away.

Charlie ran out of the bathroom at his house and his mama stopped him. "Hey, short man! You come back here. You cannot leave the bathroom with out wiping your butt, and washing your hands."

Charlie said, "Mom, mom it's okay. It wasn't the poops it was gasoline."  I laughed until my chest and snotty nose cleared up.

Before I took to the couch with my Kleenex, water, and cough drops, I saw four police cars across the road at a vacant property (owners died a while back). A canine officer and several cops were checking the perimeter of the property and barn. They left shortly thereafter.

A few minutes later the caretaker arrived and noticed the barn door open. He called the police again. They returned lickety split, did a rerun of the four acre fallow farm. They were ready to give up the search when the caretaker yelled, "The prowler is INSIDE the house. I have him on my intruder camera. Oops, he cut the feed."

So they beelined into the house through the back porch which the window had been kicked out of. No luck flushing anyone out on first floor, so they yelled, "Releasing canine on count of three."

The prowler/intruder came down the stairs and was taken into custody. He appeared to be a youth and they found his backpack in the barn. It is likely the charge will be trespassing, and because he may be a juvenile, charges will be reduced. Who knows? All that excitement wore me out. 

I'm awake and alert after my long snooze, and I am very happy to report I am on a roll in January: six writing acceptances! 

I hope your 2023 is off to a good start.




7 comments:

Val said...

Congrats on your six-pack of acceptances! It took me a minute to get that "gasoline" response, but when I did, I snorted. Glad you're getting over your sickness. The police might have been extra-alert in their house search, because of our escaped prisoners down here!

DUTA said...

Congratulations on your writing acceptances! Be well, soon!

Kathy G said...

"It wasn't the poops it was gasoline." Hilarious!

jabblog said...

How exciting, to witness a police 'operation'. I hope you're feeling better now - there are some nasty viruses going round.

Red Rose Alley said...

That is such a funny story about Charlie. And I love that his Mom calls him "short man." I hope all goes well with the young man. We never know about another person's situation. I hope you feel better, Linda.

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

ps.....that's great news about your writing being accepted. And so many articles! : )

Pat Wahler said...

Your talent and perseverance pay off again! Congratulations!