Kyle and Ashley, our first grandchildren are 33 and almost 37.
Kyle and Abby are Jackson's parents.
Ashley and Justin are Liam's, Alex's, and Charlie's parents.
We feel so blessed to have been a huge part of their lives and now their childrens'.
One of Kyle's and Ashley's favorite childhood memories is helping Paw Paw pic tomatoes every summer from the time they could toddle. The torch has been passed.
One year when they were three and seven, Bill had
ankle surgery and could not prepare his garden in spring. Kyle and Ashley asked if they could dig in the dirt, so we gave them each a huge serving spoon and sent them outdoors.
They came inside and ran back out several times. An hour later they came in beaming, "Come out, PawPaw Bill; we planted your garden for you." They'd discovered a shopping bag filled with artificial flowers that I'd intended to use at preschool for crafts.
We looked out at the backyard plot of barren soil. It looked like a crazy quilt of every variety of fake flowers you can imagine. One of our favorite memories!
When Ashley saw the picture of Jackson as the next harvester helping Paw Paw, she texted me.
"If Kyle did not shed a tear at this picture, tell him I will punch him and MAKE him cry." LOL
Kyle replied, "Tell her to hold off on the punch. I might be a farmer with a tough exterior, but I am not a robot." LOL
Then he sent the most heartfelt and loving thank you for being the best Nana. I told him we felt blessed to be able to do it all again. I sent pictures of baby Jack looking at his scrap book with me, working puzzles, playing choo-choo with Paw-Paw using the same Fisher Price train he and Ashley played with, and also of Jackson painting with shaving cream on the back storm door window, then handing Paw-Paw a big handful of shaving cream!
Kyle said, "We are blessed to have you and Gramps. You are the nana every kid wants and deserves. We are so glad you are OURS!"
Free flowing tears of love and gratitude. No wonder my nose is stuffy.
No comments:
Post a Comment