Friday, September 11, 2009

TGIF and contest

You know, the older I get the less I care about what others think. I wore white pants and sandals to work and felt so comfortable. Who dictates these fashion rules anyway? I made it through the first week of school; most of the kids have settled in and I am back in my element. Now for the weekend.Going to Cicero's tomorrow night to hear Michael Castro and J.D. Parron. Hope to see some of my writer friends there.

There is a fun and free contest for those of you who are into creative writing. The VERB is loking for stories about (but not using any of the lyrics of) a 1977's song. I have been having a fun time trying this exercise. They probably won't even give it a second look, but it was a writing stretch for me and made me think hard and long about my wording. Follow the guidelines and remember to write "The End" at the end of your story.

No comments: