Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Another tell all!
Click here to discover a wonderful blogger, named Sylvia Morice who has a warped sense of humor like I do. She awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award, which means I link back to her, pass on to seven others and reveal seven things about myself.
Since I have done this recently, I shall be brief.
1. I have unofficialy mentored more degreed professionals than I can name. One teacher, in the public school where I once worked, used to stand outside my classroom to read my bulletin boards so she could LEARN. She taught middle school and I taught preschool. She also admitted that she bought her blind son a car. So there you go!
2. I'd rather be barefoot or wearing flip-flops.
3. On a recent 97 degree day I opened my closet for a birthday gift bag and nearly sobbed at the sight of Christmas decorations which made me profoundly aware of how much I despise dreary, long winters.
4. I can walk miles on a beach, but need an incentive to walk the neighborhood.
5. During the '82 World Series, my ex was auto mechanic to many of the St. Louis Cardinal's baseball players who came to our house. My daughter still has Keith (darned good-looking) Hernandez's autographed photo.
6. I almost drowned in the Missouri River when I was ten.
7. I had my first child in an army hospital in Fairbanks, Alaska. When I told the medic that it was "time", he replied, "The doctor is on coffee break, and the TIME is almost 1:00 a.m."
Should you decide to accept this award, please follow the guidleines, link back and pass it on. Now, drumroll, please...the versatile blogger award goes to:
Barb, who uses a purple pen (purplepen-barbsmusings.blogspot.com)
Beth, who digresses (bethmwood.blogspot.com)
Dianna, who writes in the midwest on a variety of topics(diannagraveman.wordpress.com)
Lynn, who waxes sentimental (lynnobermoeller.blogspot.com)
Val the Victorian, who lets the cat out of the bag (unbagging the cats.blogspot.com)
June Freaking Cleaver, who tells it like it is (ratiooffailures.blogspot.com)
Mary, the teachR writR (writrteachr.blogspot.com)
Debora, who has lovely things (whatsoeverthingsarelovely.blogspot.com)
Some of these folks have multiple blogs. Amazing!
Oops, I added eight, oh well, you are all deserving, and I am a rule breaker.