Saturday, April 13, 2013

If only I could get my hands on him

The squeaky jerk who lives inside the Wii machine and I are going to tangle. If only I could get my fingers in that squawk box I'd choke that little dude.

Yesterday when I stepped on the Wii Fit scale, that cartoonish voice said, "GREAT!" I guess it would; I had lost six pounds preparing for my colonoscopy. I finally had a real meal yesterday after five days of near starvation.

Hubby said, "You want to weigh this morning?" I was prepared for a wee rise in my weight, but when I stripped down and stepped on, that little clown-creep squealed, "OHHHH!" in a pained voice.

THREE pounds increase! I didn't eat three pounds of food. That little Wii creep is going to think "OHHH!" Wait until tomorrow. Hubby is taking me to breakfast today.

I am so fortunate to be as healthy as I am and to be able to eat. In the pre-op room there were patients with stomach cancer and esophogeal concerns, a man with a tracheotomy, a man who told the doctor he had quit smoking...Sunday. The nurses couldn't believe that I don't take any prescription drugs at my age and my blood pressure was great. I am thankful. They found tiny-tiny polyp and will have results next week, but no concerns. The doctor did ask if I'd been on vacation and had been constipated. I asked if she saw my flaking sunburn. No, she said, "You have a vey small hemmorhoid."

I replied, "He's not that small. Can you bring him back here to the recovery room?"

Actually, although he is a pain in the butt (only once in a while), I have the best husband in the world!

12 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

It's always a relief to get that task crossed off the "to do" list. Glad everything went well!

Pat
Critter Alley

noexcuses said...

I'm due for my 5 year check-up! I feel blessed, as well, to be in good health this far along the journey! Love your sense of humor...I lovingly refer to my H in a similar way!

jabblog said...

I'm sure you're glad that procedure is over. We don't have routine colonoscopies in UK - I expect we'll catch up one day!
(By the way, the kittens are Ocicats.)

Sioux Roslawski said...

Only once in a while? It seems like EVERY time I see him, he's a PITA. Perhaps I bring that out in him? ;)

Tammy said...

Yet here's the difference between a husband and a Wii - the husband wouldn't DARE exclaim anything negative at a three-pound gain and takes you out to breakfast to celebrate. And yet I want a Wii. Go figure.

Bookie said...

Glad you are ship-shape! They told hubby a few years ago they saw nothing up there. He said to check again as his wife said they were sure find his head up there! I did not say that but......

Southhamsdarling said...

Glad that all was ok after the examination . We are very lucky, aren't we. I did smile at the little man in the Wii! Bookie 's comment also made me smile . LOL!!

Lynn said...

Yeah, that wii guy is annoying. Glad all is well and you're healthy and love that hubby took you to breakfast regardless of the gain. Hey, at least you lost something before your colonoscopy... I didn't drop an ounce!

Susan said...

Glad your procedure is history, Linda. Glad you hubs is supportive, too. Makes such a different, doesn't it? Susan

Merlesworld said...

Glad you are ok, husbands are strange little animals but we are fond of them.
Merle.........

Val said...

If your Wii guy squeals at you again, maybe you can turn to Bill and say, "Does this hemorrhoid make me look fat?"

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Hi Linda -

I like your new pic! Very nice.

Glad everything went well.

Blessings,
Susan :)