Sunday, June 9, 2013

Writer submission opportunities...don't be chicken!

I am so blessed to have had one of my formerly published stories, Two Little Words With a Big Impact chosen for this anthology. Janet N. Miracle wrote the editors and told them how my story made a difference in her life.  Her story, Sticks and Stones, is published on page 29 prior to mine, which is on page 31. Please check out this Twentieth Anniversary Edition. It would make a great graduation gift, birthday present or Father's Day gift.

If you have not written a Chicken Soup for the Soul story, I'll tell you my secret to success. I write from my heart about an event in my life. I share the "aha" moment with others and without preaching, give the reader a take away message.

Don't feel neglected if you get rejected. I receive many rejections!

Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen, co creators of Chicken Soup for the Soul anthologies were rejected 144 times before their first book was accepted. Look at how the series has grown. This is the 18th Chicken Soup anthology in which I am published. If I can do it, you can too.

 www.chickensoup.com Click on SUBMIT YOUR STORY and read the pull down menu to view the list of titles currently in development.

Here's a local link to check out, also. Prose and poetry contests are underway and close September 1st, so you have plenty of time to write and submit. http://www.springfieldwritersguild.org/

Never stop believing. If you believe in something, then you must let nothing stop you.
 

8 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--What an honor. Congratulations!

(18? That means you need to increase your goal...)

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--I forgot to mention...You are a great writer, BUT you are an even better friend. ;)

Your story in Chicken Soup's "Reader's Choice" collection is one Everybody should read...

Bookie said...

Good for you, Linda! I have never had much luck with CS, but always look hoping I can find something where my thoughts were stir them up!

jabblog said...

Congratulations, Linda. Your writing is so accessible and warm.

Janet, said...

Congratulations! I love the last paragraph - Never stop believing. If you believe in something, then you must let nothing stop you. That is what keeps me going. I always got HM in our annual WVWriter's contests. I always said, I was going to keep submitting until I placed. Perseverance finally paid off. Over the weekend I placed 2nd in the children's category. I did a happy dance!

noexcuses said...

Congrats to you, Linda! And thanks for always being such a great cheerleader for those of us still trying! You are a great inspiration to any writer, new or seasoned!

Val said...

Congrats on your selection, and thanks for the links and encouragement.

Pat Wahler said...

That is so exciting. Congratulations, Linda!

Pat
Critter Alley