Thursday, September 11, 2014

Did you feel THAT?

My friend had a successful elbow surgery, survived the anesthesia. While her husband was in the hospital bathroom, dietary brought her tray of food, and she nearly choked to death on a  carrot before he could get to her tray and chop her food small. They called a code blue, revived her, but said she has a DNR, do not resuscitate. Ugh, the decisions that have to be made. If she can get up and walk, she will be released today. Thank you all for prayers and concerns.


I have been in need of a good laugh. I can always depend on my funny honey.

We were in bed and my son's fat, lazy, cat who we're fostering, settled down on top the sheet, between our feet. I heard hubby's respirations grow shallow, or I should say his pre-snore breathing, an indicator that I can turn the TV volume down from 40 to 15. I reached over with my toe and tickled his ankle. I figured he'd move slightly, or startle thinking it was the cat. He didn't. I repeated my action (aggravation) a few more times. Concerned that his leg had grown numb, I nudged him and said louder than the TV, "Did you feel THAT!?"

He sat straight up, half asleep and asked, "How many magnitudes?"

"What? Magnitudes? What are you talking about?"

"I figure it would have to have been a 10 to feel it through this memory foam mattress."

I laughed and snorted until we were both wide awake.

"Did you really NOT feel it? Were you messing with me, or is your neuropathy creeping up your leg?"

"Feel what?"

"My foot tickling your leg?"

"Of course I felt THAT! I thought it was the cat stretching. What magnitude was the earthquake?"

I turned the TV volume up, laughed some more. He said, "I don't know what you think is so funny."

If you have to explain it...
  

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! Great story, Linda. Ah, the joys of life, huh? Sounds like your honey is feisty again -- so glad he seems to be feeling well, earthquakes notwithstanding. I hope you've been well too. Sending prayers for your friend.

Susan said...

Oh my gosh. Your honey is definitely funny. Got a "kick" out of your story, Linda. You are so funny, too. Susan

Tammy said...

I have to admit that when I saw your title, I had to wonder if we'd had an earthquake I'd missed! It's inspiring that you and your honey have so much fun. Still sending best to Sheila and her family. Seems to me they owed her the reviving since they nearly choked her to death.

Cathy C. Hall said...

As long as you're still laughing, you're all good. :-)

And P.S. Oh my word. Glad your friend survived!

Bookie said...

Typical hubby store but at least it was a funny one. Sometimes I feel like I am walking around in another zone from the one my hubby is in!!!

Thanks for comments on my blog, Linda...and yes, I don't want to think too hard about winter yet.

Val said...

Thank goodness you didn't start licking his toes...

Sioux Roslawski said...

I guess you rock Bill's world!

Connie said...

So glad to hear your friend made it through OK.

Your earthquake story made me laugh. It would have taken me quite a while to fall asleep after something like that. :D