Thursday, June 4, 2015

My charming friends

There's just something special and intimate about laughing so hard we all wet our pants. That's how it is almost every other Wednesday night when my critique group The WWWPs  meets. Early on, one of our members gifted each of us with a package of ultra thin panty liners for our ultra boisterous and rambunctious editing sessions. We're always looking out for one another.


Just so happened the Wild Women Wielding Pens celebrated my birthday last evening. I am so blessed to have these wonderful writers and women in my life. They showered me with delightful and unique presents, chocolate mug cake and a live herb plant of fresh basil.

Blessed, that's what I am. When I was a in 8th grade I always wanted a silver charm bracelet. At recess, the girls would discuss their newest charms which indicated their latest interests.

I feel like the WWWPs are the charms on my imaginary bracelet, each of them linked to me.   

8 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--Great minds think alike? I wrote a post this morning about the WWWPs as well.

Your end--about the charm bracelet--is quite a gem. And your story last night was beyond inspiring.

Val said...

You're gonna get a Popeye arm, dragging those WWWPs around on your imaginary bracelet. Better to have two imaginary charm bracelets, and balance them out so your limbs can be symmetrical. Not that there's anything wrong with having a Popeye arm, of course.

Connie said...

Happy birthday! Your friends sound like a great bunch to be around. :)

Bookie said...

Sounds like your everyday not just birthday are happy days!
Happy Birthday!

BECKY said...

Happy Birthday, Linda!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Happy, happy birthday! I love your charm bracelet analogy. How wonderful it is that you have such a great group of ladies to call your friends.

Tammy said...

Sorry I'm so late coming to this party...at least I made the WWWP one. I too love the charming analogy.

Pat Wahler said...

What fun!

Pat
Critter Alley