Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Shut your mouth!

We were on vacation last week. The news was filled with political nonsense and candidates behaving worse than some of my former students. Calling each other crazy. That's crazy! But I'm not here to discuss their behaviors.

The nation is on edge. Folks are afraid to express their political opinions for fear of offending someone. Jo Ann Smith is not afraid to express her opinion, and she is very supportive of her chosen candidate.
I first noticed her shoes from a distance. I'm telling you the bling made me blink. Look at those LED lights on the soles. My grandkids would love them! 

As I approached the buffet and got in line behind her I smiled, chuckled, laughed out loud, and with a guffaw told her, "Girl, you should be campaigning for Hillary."     

She tugged on her shirt, twisting Hillary's face this way and that and she replied, "I am! I just talked to a woman who said, 'I guess I'll vote for Trump. Won't matter who you vote for. One is as bad as the other!' 

And I told her, 'Won't matter if you're rich, but if you're not, you might want to reconsider.' "

Food for thought!

Jo Ann first gained notoriety when she campaigned for Barack Obama. She walked into his headquarters with a large decorative hat and a go get 'em attitude. She was interviewed by so many media outlets, she had to turn down interviews.

I met up with her again and overheard her talking to a friend about sitting with someone chewing with their mouth open. "I finally said, 'shut your mouth!' "

Shut your mouth is right! You tell them Jo Ann!

This one woman dynamo knows what she wants and isn't afraid to express her opinion. She has a dynamic personality and is absolutely making a difference.

How about you? Are you brave enough to make a difference by promoting your candidate in such a way? Or are you a silent supporter?

Exercise your freedom of expression, freedom of speech.   

No comments: