Sunday, January 1, 2017

Are you following your dreams?

I have a story posted at Sasee.com which you can read if you click this safe link. I hope you enjoy it. It is always helpful if you leave a comment on their website, but you don't have to.  http://sasee.com/2017/01/01/joy-riding-with-nana/

 Liam was delighted when I told him I was taking him to the Jumpy House Place. He loves Monkey Joe's, a large room with inflatables. The first three bouncers are for children three and under, so he had the run of the place, in one bouncer and out the other. I reminded him he was to look for my pink sweater, locate me, (I was sitting right in front of the bouncers) when he came out of each bouncer, come over to me, and tell me in which one he was going next. He listened, and told me every time when he moved from one area to the other. So proud of this little cutie.

Following directions is important, especially if you are a writer. Adhere strictly to guidelines.
 He was so enthusiastic when we arrived at 11:00 a.m. By the time we left at noon, he was one exhausted, happy little guy. He ASKED for a nap.
Life is sometimes like this, don't you think? We have great expectations and anticipate what's ahead. We tackle a story or an article with all our might, work ourselves into an exhausted state, then we must rest to recharge. 

I made an entry on the last page of my writing journal on New Year's Day 2017. My first entry was January, 1997. It is fun looking back and seeing what I have accomplished in the literary field in twenty years as a freelance writer. I am determined and mostly self-taught. Thank you for the many ways you have inspired me along the way.

Happy New Year. I so appreciate your following.

Follow your dreams! 

10 comments:

Sandi said...

Love Monkey Joe's!

You have been writing for twenty years...or more! What is your favorite thing you have written?

Connie said...

Such cute pictures of Liam. Wishing you all the best in the new year!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I thought I was following my dream when I bought a campground ...... Dreams change.

Merlesworld said...

He is a very cute little fellow and follows instructions well.
Always important to have dreams but sometimes we go off the rails a bit.
Merle.....................

Val said...

You're doing things right! Liam asked for a nap. Oh, yeah, and that little writing thing has worked out pretty well for you, too!

Pat Wahler said...

Happy New Year! Hope to see you in 2017.

Pat
www.patwahler.com

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hope your new year is filled with peace and joy and a few surprises!

DUTA said...

I adore kids like Liam: cute, curious, active, and yet disciplined. He'll, no doubt, grow into a charming young adult, and bring his family a lot of satisfaction.
As for you, I agree with what you say in your story at Sasee com.- ageing doesn't have to make one slow down.

Happy New Year!

Southhamsdarling said...

Love heAring about Liam, and what a good little boy, coming up to you each time like that. Bless him ❤️

Trisha Faye said...

What a sweetie he is!
I like seeing stories where someone has followed their dreams. I'm so glad that yours was writing and that our paths have crossed because of it.