Saturday, January 14, 2017

Fool me once

You might think that this full moon picture was taken on a cold wintry day. 

 Actually it was 68 degrees with whipping winds and 54 mph gusts. Liam went outside at my daughter's home and said, "My Nana, Liam's hair's going to blow away!" He held onto it for dear life.
I took a brisk mile walk last evening and did it in record time because the wind was against my back pushing me.

Hubby and I had a friendly dispute, each of us thinking the other had flipped his/her lid.

He said, "You always complain about my crumbs and mess on the counter."

I do! The sink is six inches to the left and all he has to do after making a sandwich is brush the crumbs into the sink.  But he never can remember how simple it is.
He walked into the living room, looked at me with raised eyebrows and said, "So why did YOU leave the lettuce out?"

"I didn't eat any lettuce."

"You may not have eaten any, but you took it out of the fridge and left it on the counter. YOU left a mess on the counter this time." He did not say "Nah-nah-nu na na!"

I insisted, "I did not! There is no lettuce on the counter. If there is, you probably took it out and don't remember."

Finally, I went to see the lettuce. I laughed and laughed until tears were rolling. Can you figure out why? Come on, tell me what YOU think is in the bag.

Okay, here's the answer: I took Liam to the pool, so I packed a bath scrubby filled with shower soap in a plastic bag to give him a quick shower after swimming. The green glob is a nylon net shower scrubby. I must admit it does look like lettuce.

13 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Wadded-up green tissue paper? I have not a clue, other than that lame idea.

I give up.

Bookie said...

Knowing Liam is around often, could this be green play dough for modeling?

Susan said...

Well, it sure LOOKS like lettuce. Guess I'll go with the play dough. Please tell us. Suans

Val said...

Broccoflower? Not good for sandwiches, but a post-holidays healthy vegetable? Though it would kind of be in the same category as lettuce as far as leaving it on the counter...

DUTA said...

That's a tough one. Maybe some round, green toy of Liam, as you've mentioned him in the beginning of your post.

Southhamsdarling said...

That's so cute with little Liam holding on to his hair like that. I think that's a man thing about the crumbs!! I can not think that the green stuff is Play Doh or something like that!!!

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

I have no idea. Please tell us!

Pat Wahler said...

H'mmm, It looks sort of broccoli-ish to me, yet the idea of play dough might fit better.

I love the picture of Liam holding on to his hair!

Pat
www.patwahler.com

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

I have to admit, I did think it was lettuce! lol

Connie said...

Hahaha! It does look like lettuce. :)

Romance Book Haven said...

Haha...culprit turned out to be something else! Love the cute photo.

Debra Mayhew said...

Yep, I thought it was lettuce, too. Although I spent more time looking at Liam's picture. He is such a cutie pie!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

I thought it was lettuce, too. But, I am sure I would have picked it up to put it away and noticed it was not lettuce ..... guess he didn't do that?