Sunday, April 23, 2017

Park it!

I penned a poem in honor of Earth Day. Things change when one parks the car and becomes a pedestrian.

Trade In

Had a head on collision with my conscience
during rush hour gridlock, as I inhaled motorists'
tobacco smoke and engine exhaust.


Popped the clutch, took a great escape exit.
Twisted my ring, vowed to hang up the key,
trade my lead foot for a flat foot experience.

Swapped my speedometer for a pedometer,
raised my metabolism, lowered my blood pressure
racked up the miles, added more smiles.

Not missing the highway din, weaving out and in.
Enjoying my excursions and all the diversions.
Discoveries abound: curb appeal is money found.









 


7 comments:

Lynn said...

You should be nominated for Poet Laureate.

BECKY said...

That is amazing, Linda! I agree with Lynn!

Bookie said...


great job...fun but meaningful!!!

Connie said...

Love it! Perfect poem for Earth Day.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--You can write poetry AND prose.

Pat Wahler said...

Cute poem, Linda!

Pat
www.patwahler.com

Val said...

Glad you got all revved up to ditch your engine and save the Earth!