Saturday, November 25, 2017

They are both a laugh a minute

Hubby and I had an urge to go to Taco Bell. The computers went down when we walked in. The cars in the drive through lane were wound around the building. The lobby had three people waiting. The manager who looked as though he came from the deep woods, and was  loud and  overzealous, apologized through his missing front teeth. During our twenty minute wait, the workers were shouting, "Help! We need assistance back here!"

I wondered if they were paging customers for help. 

While waiting for our nachos, I asked Bill what his confirmation name was. 

He looked at me confused. I said, " You know, the Biblical name or saint's name you assume when you're confirmed."

With confusion on his face, but not missing a beat, he said, "FRANCIS."

I laughed out loud. "That's a fake out!  It is NOT Francis!"

"Then what is it?" he asked.

"I can't remember what you told me when we met, but I know it isn't Francis!"

"Well, it's FRANCIS until YOU can remember."

The man makes me laugh. I am so thankful for him.


Granddaughter Ashley stopped by to use the computer. 

I said, "I don't know what I'll do if Grandpa dies before me. I can't figure out any of this technical stuff. I will be so lost, in so many ways, without him. I can't even think about it!"

She said, "Nana, relax. I have this figured out."

I thought she meant the computer, but she continued...

"You and Gramps are going to go on a cruise, get severe food poisoning, and die at the same time." 

I laughed out loud at her.

Now I am not laughing at either of them. Our old guts are roiling after eating at Taco Bell.

5 comments:

Trisha Faye said...

Thanks for the laugh!
(PS - Don't sign up for any cruises for awhile!)

Val said...

I think that's a sign. Don't make a run for the border. Run FROM the border! You don't want to know what our FACS teacher said Taco Bell's meat is comprised of.

Connie said...

Ha! It's good to have people around you who can make you laugh. Sorry to hear about the stomach upsets. Hope you're feeling better.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--

I am going to piggyback on Val's comment.

You get the runs when you run to the border.

Pat Wahler said...

Another delightful side-effect of becoming a senior citizen.

www.patwahler.com