Monday, November 20, 2017

A Gift from Beyond


Twenty years I have been receiving a flower in winter from the great beyond, per the pact my best friend, Rose, who was dying of cancer, and I made before she passed away. 


We purchased this basket of mums from a hardware store the first week in October. It was sopping wet. The garden guy over-watered it, and it lost all flowers, and withered. It has been that way since the second week of October...and look what we found today, on the anniversary of Rose's death. Tiny little buds are erupting, but this cluster of four flowers reminds me of The Golden Girls. You can read my Chicken Soup for the Gardener's Soul story  HERE.

Some things are unexplainable in earth terms. Earth's mysteries are heaven's gifts.

8 comments:

Cathy C. Hall said...

And some things are not meant to be explained, but the heart knows. ♥

Pat Wahler said...

I can't explain many things - but I can enjoy them.

www.patwahler.com

Sandi said...

Chills!

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Good memories ....

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--I would say you have the ending of another CS story. Those blooms are certainly miraculous.

Val said...

You know I'm a believer. It's not a coincidence.

Blogoratti said...

Some things leave you speechless. This is one of them, so nice and heartwarming indeed. Warm greetings!

Connie said...

Such a precious gift.