Saturday, February 17, 2018

My heart aches and my fingers are cramped

Heartbroken and overwhelmed with the world situation, friends' and family members' illnesses and deaths. Life gets in the way of happiness some days.

There are things one can do something about, and there are things that happen despite our interventions and best intentions.

On a positive note. I am writing and submitting one new thing a day. So ta-ta, I am off to submit FLASH FICTION. I read it to Bill and he said, "Wow! That even had me interested."

I'll take that as a compliment. Sometimes I surprise myself.

   

10 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

That is the kind of "compliment" I get! I know what you mean about family issues overwhelming your life.

Sandi said...

Cool...you inspire me!

Do you just submit things yourself or do you have an agent? How do you decide where to submit things?

jabblog said...

Life can get one down sometimes - but somehow we survive. I hope life will be kinder to you now.

Val said...

What a rousing endorsement for your story!

Sioux Roslawski said...

If it kept Sas intrigued, it will surely interest the editors...

Connie said...

I am overwhelmed with all that is going on in the world too. That is good news about your submissions though! Best of luck with them.

Susan said...

I know what you mean about life getting in the way of happiness, Linda. I have felt deeply disturbed by life events this past week. I enjoyed your "He's the One" story, though. Guess we just have to keep trying to keep up the momentum! Thanks for all your visits. Susan

Lynn said...

You're amazing. Sending love.

Susan Sundwall said...

Linda, Yup, real life can be crushing sometimes. We mourn, we learn, we move on with purpose. And we write. Keep the faith.

Pat Wahler said...

Keeping busy is always good to keep the mind from dwelling on terrible things.

www.patwahler.com