Sunday, June 17, 2018

Break a leg

Sometimes things are not as they seem. Let me tell you how I got these bruises on my left upper arm, forehead, ankle.

Bill has a large comfy recliner which backs up to our front window. There is a four foot tall wooden  shelf  with five shelves and lots of ceramic frames which display photos of grand kids. It is against the wall to the left of his chair (as I am standing facing it.)

I saw a throw pillow on the floor behind Bill's chair. I reached for it, lost my balance, grabbed onto the upper part of his recliner and the dang thing RECLINED which sent me reeling into the shelf. The ceramic frames crashed like dominoes as I tried to upright myself.

"What have you been up to?" I heard Bill say.

"What does it look like? I busted my head and my arm, and I'm stuck. Why don't you help me here?"

"How long has it been?" he asked.

"How long?! Who cares? Just give me a hand!"

Then, the door opened and in walked Bill who found me crumpled in a heap. I had been interacting with a damned soap opera actor.

So much for my acting debut. I didn't even have an audience when I nearly "broke a leg."

5 comments:

Val said...

Whew! I was afraid you broke a literal leg. Since you're ambulatory, even if achy...I don't feel so bad about laughing at your predicament. Is it bad that I can imagine Bill actually saying what the soap opera actor said?

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I hate that you hurt yourself, but I laughed at your conversation with the TV.

Pat Wahler said...

Whoops! I'm glad you only have bruises. And at least you got a good laugh!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--Only you would have a fall (and a conversation) like that. You had a good laugh and you made us chuckle, too.

Connie said...

Oh my goodness! Sorry you were injured, and I hope you heal quickly. Thanks for sharing the chuckle with us too. Life is easier if you can find the humor in a situation.