Friday, August 17, 2018

I'm not in diapers, YET!

Instead of posting more photos of my "great" boys, I am going to talk about how life is a great big circle. You start out in life like baby Charlie, toothless, completely helpless, totally dependent, and in the end, you're right back to square one. In the beginning and at the end you have difficulty walking just like Alex. Hubby is at therapy right now.

Alex is learning to walk, giving it his best effort like Paw-paw... both holding onto things for support.  He's cutting top teeth, one is his incisor. Hubby just got rid of a tooth he's had for 7 decades!

I'm thinking specifically about myself, though. When I was a baby I wore cloth diapers which my dad dunked in the toilet, and my mom washed out and hung on the clothes line with wooden clothes pins because there weren't dryers back then. I imagine those diapers were a bit scratchy, but can't say I remember. I wore rubber pants over my diapers. Not leak proof by any means, but better than nothing.

When my kids came along in the '70s, I vowed to cut something out of the grocery list if necessary, in order to afford Pampers. Disposal diapers were the newest baby product along with the Playtex Nurser, with "a nipple just like mother herself."

Now with environmental awareness, many moms are back to using cloth diapers. And most moms these days provide breast milk, an elixir for newborns.

Everything seems to complete a circle. I am not in diapers (yet) but I am back to wearing rubber-like pants. I just finished hand washing and hanging my stretchy black Capris and jeans made of Lycra and spandex, almost feel like rubber when I wash them.

You knew I couldn't resist. Here are the Three Musketeers.

 Liam discovered a small waterfall in the park and was launching rocks down the "rapids." His vocabulary is superior to most four-year-olds, and he talks ALL the time.

Alex couldn't decide on a carrot for teething or his bottle. He babbles ALL the time.

 Charlie, at two and half weeks smiles and responds to voices. We have three talkers. Pity their mom and dad. They all have blue eyes, but different hues of blue.

I've been babysitting Liam and Alex  a few days each week since their mama came home, thus my absence. Thank you for reading my posts. 

8 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

You have three smart great grandsons.

And yes, I'm not in diapers... yet. ;)

Val said...

What a precious smile on Baby Charlie! Alex gets to be a big brother AND a little brother. Liam will have the world by the tail, a first-born leader.

Merlesworld said...

You are so right all of life goes in circles.
Merle......

Connie said...

Those three fellows get cuter every day! Always a joy to see their smiles. So true that our lives go in circles.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

The Three Musketeers . . . love it! And your analogy is spot on. Life definitely comes full circle in its own way.

Lynn said...

So much sweetness!

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your article. This is an interesting and informative blog and it is very helpful. Your children are very cute.
เกร็ดความงาม

Pat Wahler said...

I agree with you on the full circle thing. Funny how many of the dos and don'ts things in life are on that same cycle.

The boys are adorable!