Thursday, August 30, 2018

Seek and you shall find?

Does it ever feel like you're searching in the dark? The scope of your vision is limited? No matter where you shine your light you cannot locate the elusive?

Well that's how it's been all day here. I have a self-imposed rule of 5-7. If I do not send off that many submissions per month, I am upset with myself and have no one else to blame. Well, as you know, the end of the month is imminent and I have been writing, revising, seeking markets, searching high and low for paying markets.

Just when I spotlight a market perfect for my submission, I find in small print there is a service fee of at least $3.00. Or the deadline was last night at midnight. Worse case I had all the blanks filled in on Submittable when a header popped up stating they were NOW closed for submissions, had received enough material. ARGH!

On a good note, I have submitted six pieces, and one more day to seek and find. By the way, those Seek and Find word books give me a headache. LOL

Chicken Soup for the Soul has extended their deadline for Grandparent Stories and I think also Mom Knows Best.




7 comments:

Connie said...

Such a cute picture. I hope you meet your goal and your submissions all find welcoming homes!

Val said...

Heh, heh! Love that picture. Good luck on finding one more market!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--The middle baby--not the oldest, not the most recent, but that little guy is just as cute as the other two.

You are quite the prolific writer and the frequent submitter. Factor in your writing talent, and we have the answer to the question, "Why is Linda O'Connell such a successful writer?"

Pat Wahler said...

Linda, I love the dedication you put into writing and submitting. The rest of us procrastinators could definitely take a lesson from you!

Lynn said...

You always are and have always been the most prolific writer AND to actually submit! Be kind to yourself.

Susan said...

Hi Linda. You are very hard-working and diligent when it comes to freelancing and submitting proposals. That is impressive. By the way, thank you SO MUCH for all your sweet visits and comments on my posts. Love them. Susan

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

You put the rest of us to shame. I feel like such a slacker when I read about how many different balls you have in the air. The good thing is that you're a fantastic juggler, so even if something goes a little south, I believe you'll always manage to keep the rhythm going!