Sunday, November 17, 2019

Yes! ANOTHER heavenly gift...


I wrote a Chicken Soup for the Soul story 20 years ago about a heavenly inspired gift I received, per the pact my late best friend and I made right before she passed away.

Last week the temperature dropped to 11 degrees; we had a hard freeze and frigid wind chills.
All of my flowers wilted, shriveled, and hung limp in their pots. Except this delicate little ONE which is still thriving. I believe it is  this year's gift from Rose. I have received a flower every year in winter.

Read the original story about her promise of an annual gift to me. Tell me what you believe.

https://www.chickensoup.com/book-story/52990/the-golden-girls



9 comments:

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I think your friend Rose is sending you another hopeful message!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Wow! That purple flower is quite a survivor.

Connie said...

Amazing! Another hello from your friend Rose.

Sandi said...

LINDA!!! That story took my breath away!

Wow.

Pat Wahler said...

I remember reading this story. Very poignant indeed.

Val said...

I remember your story about Rose. She's remembering you again with this flower. Signs like this are so uplifting.

Southhamsdarling said...

How wonderful that you've had another gift from your friend Rose.

Susan said...

Hi Linda...Ohhhhh, DEFINITELY Rose. What a lovely gift from a precious friend, now in the other realm of life. I remember the original story, too. THanks so much for your visit and comment. I have been sick but feel MUCH better today. Have a good day yourself! Susan

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.