Monday, December 5, 2022

Kitty has a new best friend

Sassy Boy, also called Buddy, is a lazy, old cat. He loves snuggling with Bill. You should hear Bill sweet talk this fat cat. 
I just heard him say, "You are making me live longer, Buddy."
I'd have to agree with that.
This eight-year-old mewoer is interested in what I am doing, watching me putting up decorations and the tree. He was very curious about the blue-eyed Santa, and then I figured out why. A few minutes before I picked up Santa, I had grabbed a handful of kibble to put in kitty's dish. He must have smelled his food on the jolly old elf. He is ever hopeful he might find another bite.

I have trained him to say MAMA when he wants food. He sits by his dish and meows. When I walk over he says Mawww Maww. It is so cute, and annoying because he would eat non-stop.

Happy holidays from our house to yours. I am grateful for my blog friends. Is your house decorated?
 

6 comments:

Val said...

We know what Sassy Boy would ask for if he sat on Santa's lap!

Kathy G said...

It sounds like an adorable habit as long as your kitty doesn't decide to meow for food in the middle of the night.

DUTA said...

Lazy cats are the best and the cutest!

jabblog said...

He's a happy cat and still quite a youngster.
We are decorated and full of lights, wonderful on a dark, dreary day.
Happy Christmas to you and yours.

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, how sweet that your cat takes an interest in Santa. And what a cute jolly Santa that is. So nice that he's close to your husband. Isn't that something that he meows, "mama" when he wants something to eat?

Have a wonderful Christmas season, Linda. Yes, my house is all decorated and going to see the grandkids soon. I hope I don't get snowed in. : )

~Sheri

Pat Wahler said...

Training a cat to do anything is quite an achievement!