Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dinner at my darling's

This evening we went to visit with Ashley and Justin. She made baked spaghetti; oh my goodness, it was delicious. She's a great cook! We swam and then played a couple of games, Phase 10 with dice instead of cards, and we played SWAP, a card game that is so much fun. If you discard the Slap card, everybody has to slap the card, one hand on top of the other. Last person draws a card. Let's just say we were rowdy; there was lots of laughter and banged up hands. I'll bet her neighbors are thinking they are noisy new tenants. Smile!

It is amazing to realize the little baby granddaughter I used to rock and cuddle is now an adult. Makes me melancholoy and oh so proud. Especially when she said, "Having you and Grandpa over has been the most fun we've had all week in our new apartment."

No comments: