Tuesday, July 27, 2010

MO Writer's News

I just got word that The Missouri Writer's Conference in April will also feature Nancy Pickard, New York Times best selling author of Virgin of Small Plains, and the Scent of Rain and Lightning. They have quite a line up!

We've been trying to eat more healthy foods, fruits and veggies. This morning my hubby prepared egg whites for himself, walked into the living room where I was sipping coffee and watching the news and asked if I wanted something. I looked like a deer caught in the headlights. I shook my head, no. He asked what was wrong. I swallowed that stale Oreo cookie I'd found stashed on top the fridge, stood up and said with chocolate in my grin, "My name is Linda and I am addicted to sweets no matter how stale or old. If it's in this house and I find it, I'll eat it."

7 comments:

Bookie said...

Oh, can I relate to your post!!! It is hard not to eat. At least hubby offer to tend to your needs. Here that is in the reverse. So hard to not eat when you cook for a man who can eat like a stevedore and still be built like a railroad tie! :)

Guess what I found out rummaging around today...another rooster...small white creamer but darling and cheap!

Bookie said...

Whoops, forgot to say that I like your new look! So fresh and boldly clean looking!

Lynn said...

You're funny!

Susan said...

ha ha ha ha ha That was a good one, Linda. Very funny and I can TOTALLY identify. Susan (Makes cleaning the top of the refridge worthwhile! ha!)

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hi Linda,
Super news about Nancy Pickard. Debbie is doing a great job lining up speakers and planning the conference.
Donna

Linda O'Connell said...

Claudia, Lynn and Susan,
It is true, if there is chocolate in my house, I will seek it out.

Linda O'Connell said...

Donna,
Yes, she certainly is. Outstanding speakers. How have you been?