Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What changes will you make? Be your own editor.

Only I can change my life. No one can change it for me. ~Carol Burnett

This quote certainly has a ring of truth. To illustrate, let me tell you about a woman I met on the cruise. Debbie is a nurse in an OB/GYN office. She said the doctor she works for used to be a veterinarian. How about that for a change? When he got bored tending animals he went back to medical school and became an obstetrician. He is much happier.

You must be the editor of your own life. What would make you happier? If there is something you have always wanted to do, why wait? If you have fences to mend, essays to write, a new creative pursuit, realize that you have the ability to make the changes.

I am so excited that C. Hope Clark, of Funds for Writers will be the keynote speaker at the next Missouri Writer's Guild conference. Check out her website and take time to listen to her interview. You will be amazed at the wealth of information she provides on the many unexpected ways to obtain funds for writing.

2 comments:

Bookie said...

Oh, this is good news! I wonder if I could make this one? Planned twice and failed...my life is often rearranged here. Something to think about....

BECKY said...

Gee....last I heard Elaine Viets was going to be the Keynote Speaker! When was this announced??