Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday Shopping

I am doing the happy dance. I received an acceptance from Silver Boomers for a poem I wrote about the children's book, The Poky Little Puppy. My work will now appear in three Silver Boomer books.

I spent a few hours typing and editing my daughter-in-law's memoir. Still have a lot to go, but having time off made a difference. I put up holiday decorations, but not the tree yet. I'll wait a week or so on that. I came across a candle that had been packed away since last Christmas. When I inhaled the gingerbread fragrance, I developed a terrible migrane headache and had to lie down for a couple hours. That candle ended up in the bottom of the trash can. I never get bad headaches, but I sure had a reaction to that fragrance.

I felt better by late afternoon, so hubby and I went shopping. He found two pairs of dress pants for 70% off, and also, he recieved a ten dollar discount at the register. He was happy.

I bought a dressy Jaqueline Smith blouse that I had searched everywhere for last week. Heading to the register, I said, "I think these will be on sale by the weekend." What a surprise, even though they were not listed as on sale, they rang up as 20% off. I saved eight bucks. So, I bought two fleece night gowns for myself as well. We were like two kids going home. My hubby and I are lucky; it doesn't take much to make us happy.

Anyone else get really good deals today?

Oh yeah! It was a good shopping day, and I didn't fight the maddening crowds at all.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations, Linda. I do not shop on Black Friday as I thoroughly dislike crowds. Glad you didn't experience that. Sounds like you had fun and that's good! Susan

Unknown said...

Congrats on the poem! And it sounds like you had a great Black Friday!! :) :)

Barb Hodges said...

Congrats, Linda. Another thankful event for this Thanksgiving season.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Congratulations on the poem, Linda. My good "deal" involved the couch, watching a couple of movies I've been wanting to see for quite a while, and knitting. I'm glad your day today was a great one.

Terri Tiffany said...

Sounds like you had a good day:)) We went out as hubby needed a laptop and found the last one available in Office Depot for a great price.

Lynn said...

Yay again on your publication news!