Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday Shopping

I am doing the happy dance. I received an acceptance from Silver Boomers for a poem I wrote about the children's book, The Poky Little Puppy. My work will now appear in three Silver Boomer books.

I spent a few hours typing and editing my daughter-in-law's memoir. Still have a lot to go, but having time off made a difference. I put up holiday decorations, but not the tree yet. I'll wait a week or so on that. I came across a candle that had been packed away since last Christmas. When I inhaled the gingerbread fragrance, I developed a terrible migrane headache and had to lie down for a couple hours. That candle ended up in the bottom of the trash can. I never get bad headaches, but I sure had a reaction to that fragrance.

I felt better by late afternoon, so hubby and I went shopping. He found two pairs of dress pants for 70% off, and also, he recieved a ten dollar discount at the register. He was happy.

I bought a dressy Jaqueline Smith blouse that I had searched everywhere for last week. Heading to the register, I said, "I think these will be on sale by the weekend." What a surprise, even though they were not listed as on sale, they rang up as 20% off. I saved eight bucks. So, I bought two fleece night gowns for myself as well. We were like two kids going home. My hubby and I are lucky; it doesn't take much to make us happy.

Anyone else get really good deals today?

Oh yeah! It was a good shopping day, and I didn't fight the maddening crowds at all.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Congratulations, Linda. I do not shop on Black Friday as I thoroughly dislike crowds. Glad you didn't experience that. Sounds like you had fun and that's good! Susan

Avery James Photography said...

Congrats on the poem! And it sounds like you had a great Black Friday!! :) :)

Barb Hodges said...

Congrats, Linda. Another thankful event for this Thanksgiving season.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Congratulations on the poem, Linda. My good "deal" involved the couch, watching a couple of movies I've been wanting to see for quite a while, and knitting. I'm glad your day today was a great one.

Terri Tiffany said...

Sounds like you had a good day:)) We went out as hubby needed a laptop and found the last one available in Office Depot for a great price.

Lynn said...

Yay again on your publication news!