Sunday, September 6, 2015

I am ashamed to tell you this

So, we went to a well known indie taco shop last evening for dinner. We always order the chicken quesadilla, but this time we decided to try the chicken fajita salad. Big mistake. Hubby ordered his with fire roasted tomato dressing and I ordered mine with avocado ranch. Our salads were way more than either of us needed, served in large silver mixing bowls. We laughed at the hot sauce on the table and then we sat there and ate every bite of our salads.

Today I woke with a cramping, gurgling gut. I went to the bathroom and the cat had to come nose around which didn't help my upset belly any.  "Errrr, gerrr, rnnnn."

"Quit purring and get!" I said.

It wasn't the cat. It happened again, "Unnnn, errrg, unn-unn."

I clutched my belly, afraid my intestinal distress was serious.

It settled down, and not ten seconds later, started up again.

I was ready to yell for my honey when I realized
it was the neighbor using his weed eater, and the sound was coming through the overhead bathroom vent.

What a relief!

 

10 comments:

Val said...

Heh, heh. Glad you figured that out before you called the ambulance.

Unknown said...

:) Mine is usually the other way around. I'm looking out the window trying to figure out where the noise is and it turns out to be my intestines. Glad you found relief!

Sioux Roslawski said...

I guess I should NOT bring some chips and butt-burnin' hot sauce on Wednesday? ;)

Since you're retired, I imagine there is at least one funny story every day, between the two of you.

Debra Mayhew said...

Hahaa! The real question is: Was the salad worth it? It sounded pretty good!

Bookie said...

Wow, What a story! It is funny but could have been tragic. I shuddered because it reminded me TOO much of an experience I had...but the pain and gurgle and resulting bathroom trips lasted a week and were horrid! I was going to eat regional on a trip...first day out...I did and can't look at Huevos Ranchros yet.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Haha! Just what I needed tonight! Thank you!

Connie said...

Hahaha! Hope you have a great day, Linda. Thanks for the laugh. :)

Susan said...

Oh boy. Bet you'll stick with quesadillas from now on, Linda! Ha. Susan

Pat Wahler said...

Something about that hot sauce!

Pat
Critter Alley

Tammy said...

You really made me laugh! There is a shop in old town St. Charles that has an entire wall of hot sauces, and some of the names are a riot. Although I bet afterwards, people will think they hear jets taking off.