Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Watch your words!

Words are powerful. They carry such weight. I was thinking about the laugh lines from my granddaughter, Ashley, now 27. Liam's mommy has some competition. Her little boy is just like her.
 
Three year old Ashley saw pictures of missing children and shouted, "I know their mother! 
Old Lady in the shoe had lots of kids."


Ashley ordered her own taco without tomatoes. She opened it, and shouted, "Yuck!
They gave me grass!" (lettuce)
 
Walking along a nature trail, Ashley,4, spied new saplings with pink ribbons tied to trunks.
"Look at all the newborn girl trees!"

 At 4, she was the flower girl at my wedding. She was also in my preschool class. My mother told her my name would change once I married Papa Bill. Ashley cried and cried. She said, "I don't want her name to change. I still want to call her Nana."
 
When she was five, I asked her if she wanted to visit the Lewis and Clark exhibit.
"No, thank you. I already know about it. Lois is Clark Kent's girlfriend on Superman."

Ashley, age five stated, "I know what everything in the world is called when
it goes on and on and on and on... INSANITY!"

During presidential debates a newscaster broke in her TV show with election results.
"More on candidates at 10:00."
 
Eight year old Ashley gasped, "Nana, I didn't know they could call politicians MORONS on T.V."
Reader's Digest paid me $100 for my smart girl's mix up.

Well, actually, she wasn't far off, was she?

 

 

 

 

 

 
 

 

 

10 comments:

Bookie said...

No, she was right on the spot. I have given up trying to be a good voter, good citizen, of following politics with informed mind. It is all crazy and meaningless right now!

Sioux Roslawski said...

I agree with Claudia. Ashley was spot-on. They ARE morons.

Val said...

Heh, heh. The Nana name change!

Donna Volkenannt said...

You two could do stand-up comedy!

Connie said...

Ha! These are great! Thanks for the smiles today. :)

Pat Wahler said...

It certainly is a good idea to write down what comes out of the mouths of babes. There are certain to be some gems.

Pat
Critter Alley

Susan Sundwall said...

Ha! That girl is a charmer for sure. I wish they'd bring back "Kids Say The Darndest Things". Remember that old show? Love this post, Linda.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Hahaha! Thank you. *wipes eyes*

My nephew, when he was in kindergarten, thought Richard Sands was president because he had to pledge allegiance to him every morning. After some digging we discovered the issue: "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for Richard Sands..."

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Oh my, children have a way of hitting the target! Thank you for the chuckles. (You should put that last one on your Facebook Timeline if it won't break a copyright.)

Dianna Graveman said...

Super cute quips from Ashley! I enjoyed our post.