Sunday, April 8, 2018

Growl it... announce your success

Liam was two and half when this picture was taken.


And here he is three months before his fourth birthday. I cannot believe how he has grown. He has achieved so many milestones. He is reading simple three letter words. He is so proud of himself.

Are you continuing to grow in your pursuits, endeavors, interests? We grow when we continue to feed our soul with things we enjoy doing. I enjoy writing. Some of my subject matter is personal and I have self doubt about whether anyone would be interested in my experiences. However, I recently received an acceptance on a poem I submitted to a publication months ago. It was one of only twelve selected. The subject matter is one that affects many people, mental illness. I can't name the publication yet, but it will be a "healing anthology." That has a nice ring, doesn't it?

I promise to promote as soon as I get the go ahead. I just want to encourage YOU to follow your passion. Take time and make time to do the things you enjoy. Hop a painted tiger and growl your success to the world at large. Believe in yourself.

6 comments:

Alice said...

Linda, congratulations on your latest acceptance. You are amazing, girl. While I am trying to grow in my endeavors and knock off items on my bucket list, lately the only thing growing is my middle, thanks to the ugly winter we’re having this spring. Think I'll reread your motivational article. . .

Val said...

I love the two pictures of Liam!

Congrats on your poem. My writing has stalled. I have not been making the effort, other than daily blogging. For now, that's enough for me.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--I agree with Alice about how amazing you are. (Unfortunately, my middle is also growing, but it flourishes no matter what the season).

Liam is growing and is such a doll. For a minute, I almost had a heart attack, and thought the young man behind Liam was Liam. Thankfully, my senses returned to me.

Pat Wahler said...

Congrats on another acceptance!

www.patwahler.com

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Congratulations! You're such an inspiration, Linda.

Love those Liam and Alex pics. Keep 'em coming. :) Like you, I can't believe how big Liam is getting, and I only know him through your sharing. Love that you have these merry-go-round photos to compare.

Connie said...

Liam is growing so fast! Cute pictures.