Sunday, April 15, 2018

That takes the prize!

My sweet Nicole is ten-years-old. How did this happen?! She's almost as tall as I am. She loves art, drawing fashion designs, singing, dancing, and playing with her best friend CeCe.

She and (my son) attended a father-daughter dance at her school. She has a fun daddy, and he has a fine little girl. 

I love her giggles and hugs.

Nicole's art work, A Kaleidoscope of Leaves, was featured in an art show this week. She really has artistic ability, and I just know she is going to be a famous artist one day!



We had a sunny, almost 80 degree day last week, so why is Nick wearing his cap backwards?! 

Nicholas is 16, and his favorite past time is fishing. He's driving now, so he and his buddy Parker go fishing every single day after school, until dark. He loves fishing! When Bill and I discovered him at a local park and fishing lake, he hadn't had many bites in two hours! But he was still trying. He said he caught his biggest fish on a day when it was freezing cold and sleeting. What dedication!


Although this one was a real keeper, Nick catches and releases. He will be attending a fishing tournament soon. I just know he will bring home a trophy or prize. He's a winner for sure!


What is your passion? If you practice your craft, invest in your interests, and apply yourself, you too could be a winner. Sing your own praises, dance and rejoice. Announce your achievements no matter how insignificant you think they might be; let others know. You may inspire someone.

What are you're waiting for, the weather to improve? Inspiration to strike? More time? Get out there and just do it. 

You may not take the prize, or even receive acknowledgement of a submission if you are a writer, but much like fishing, you never know when you will get a strike and possibly land the big one. Wishing you the very best in all pursuits.

Also wishing for spring, it's going to be in the 30's today. 

8 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Nicole is tall for her age. And fishing? That is a boring pastime, in my opinion, but I'm glad Nick enjoys it so much.

Val said...

That's a BIG fish! I bet it's a good fishing tale for Nicholas. Nicole's leaf kaleidoscope is cool.

Merlesworld said...

They do grow up so fast.
Merle...........

Connie said...

Nice photos! Wow, that fish was quite a catch. It's cold here today too. I hope warmer weather comes for both of us soon.

Susan Sundwall said...

How inspiring you are, Linda. No wonder your grandchildren are so dedicated and talented. Look who their Grandma is! My passion is writing, baking and (this month) painting walls! LOL

Susan said...

Hi Linda...Wondering if you got more snow. My passion? Well, I have many passions....writing, dollhouses, dolls, books, etc. I like to nurture each one, even in the tiniest of ways. Susan

Pat Wahler said...

The kiddos are adorable,and I couldn't agree more with your sentiment. No time to sit around and wait!

www.patwahler.com

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

The apples don't fall far from the tree. These kids inherited more from you than just their good looks! :)