Monday, August 19, 2019

Another one bites the dust!

I was going to talk about how persistence pays off and how I've submitted fifteen pieces so far this month, but this takes the cake. So read all about it!


Entering kindergarten head first!
 Liam decided to jump off the top of the playground equipment and face planted. He's told us half a dozen stories about the meanest kid in kindergarten pushing him, to "Yeah, I might have jumped."  These are not stitches according to Liam. It's only a string holding his skin together.  His injury did not stop him from participating in wet and wild fun on Saturday.


Alex had a pool party for his 2nd birthday, so I made him a pool cake.


 He and Charlie had fun splashing in the pool with his over-sized car. Also a big pool with slide.

Alex loved the multi-function, battery operated Big Foot monster truck we got him. His mom is hoping the batteries wear out sooner than later.



 Charlie was happy eating anything and everything in sight, especially birthday cake.

9 comments:

DUTA said...

Oh, my! The stitches are very close to the eye!
Your pool birthday cake looks terrific! I'm sure they all enjoyed it not only little Charlie.

Pat Wahler said...

Sounds like Liam took his first major boo-boo in stride. His first day of school will certainly be memorable! :-)

Sandi said...

Oh NO! Glad he has a good attitude about it.

Cute cake!

Steve said...

Another story teller in the family.
I'm sure he will love talking about his scar for years to come.

Sioux Roslawski said...

Those boys--such cuties.

That cake--wow! I enlarged the picture, trying to see: Did you create the kids in the innertubes and pool noodle with frosting?

If so, I seriously bow down to you.

Val said...

Oh my gosh! Liam is going to have a cool little scar that will drive the girls wild, one of these days. Glad he's okay.

That cake is amazing. The weather was perfect for a pool party, and it looks like the boys had a blast.

Friko said...

How resilient kids are. Brave boy!

Connie said...

I hope Liam has healed up. Great cake! Sounds like it was a fun birthday.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.