Sunday, August 2, 2020

Raindrops kept falling on my head

Charlie turned two-years-old. He was amazed with his cake. Those are finger marks below his name. I caught him sneaking the colored sprinkles off, naming the colors and munching. 
We sat on the front porch and watched the rain come down, then their mama took off their shirts and encouraged Liam, Alex, and Charlie to go find some puddles to jump in. They had a blast.

Alex shouted, "Brella!" then I joined them for a little Mary Poppins fun. Making memories.
I took my boot off temporarily because it was soaking wet, but I have 10 more days of wearing it.

I would appreciate prayers of protection and good wishes for Liam as he starts school tomorrow. I am so concerned for his well being, but the decison to send him was not mine to be made. This virus is relentless. 

6 comments:

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Prayers to Liam, his family, and everyone in his school - children and adults.

We have grands starting in a few weeks in STL, and FL. Parents have such hard decisions to make, knowing that nobody has the right answer.

Val said...

Happy belated Birthday to Charlie! The boys are growing up so fast! Nice cake. I was about to congratulate you on the loss of your boot, and then read the next sentence! I will be thinking of Liam and his school return.

Sioux Roslawski said...

And Charlie's the baby! That's incredible. Time passes by at such a fast pace.

I will think good thoughts for Liam. He's a healthy kid.

(That looks like a Linda-created cake. I'm always amazed. My cakes--if I tried to decorate them--would look like a hot mess.)

Perhaps you could have a boot-burning ceremony?

Pat Wahler said...

What fun to frolic in the rain! Looks like everyone had a great time.

I, too, worry about the new school year. I have one grand heading off to his freshman year in college, one starting junior year of high school, and one in full-time pre-K. May God send an army of angels to keep all of our loved ones safe!

Karen Lange said...

Looks like you had a great time! You are a fun grandma and great grandma, for sure. :)

Connie said...

Sweet pictures! Looks like a fun time. I hope going back to school works out for Liam.