Thursday, August 6, 2020

Weirdo magnet working

They find me. The weird folks home in and find me.

I was in the back yard washing a small rug and hosing it  down on the fence. I saw a woman about 25 walking through the neighbor's yard behind us. She walked toward me wearing red cap, red shirt, red pants and red shoes. She had a large purse slung over her left shoulder. She approached and said, "HI."
I said, "Hi. Who are you?" Thinking she was a friend or relative of our backyard neighbors.

She said, "Oh I live around here. I'm taking a short cut. She flung her purse over our chain link fence about four ft high.

I said in a firm voice, "This is not a short cut; it is our property and if you get hurt we are responsible."

She hopped the fence and said, "See I'm not hurt." And she walked to the front of our house and walked down the street shouting, "Hi, how are you?" and waving.

I thought she was talking to Bill or our neighbor. 

Nobody was around. Wheee!

Today you just don't know about people. I told Bill she could have had a gun in that big purse. He said, "What would you do, turn the hose on her?"

I thought about it. YES!


5 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

You are a powerful weirdo magnet, Linda. You find them in stores, on sidewalks, on cruises--even in your backyard.

Yes, considering the times, it's best to ASSume they ARE potentially dangerous. Don't poke them or push them or aggravate them. One never knows how they will react.

Val said...

Good to know that your weirdo magnet is still operating on a full charge, siphoning off some of my weirdo load.

Were you wearing your ankle boot? Did she see it? Maybe that's why she was emboldened to hop the fence and trespass. She was pretty sure you wouldn't tackle her and toss her back over the fence into your neighbor's yard!

Sandi said...

You know if YOU are the weird one everyone else will leave you alone. (I am not going to tell you how I know that.)

Becky Lewellen Povich said...

Well, I've known for quite a few years about your "weirdo magnet"...LOL. But this gal definitely sounded TOO weird and I'm glad you were "firm" with her. The world is a scary place these days. Glad she just kept walking!

Pat Wahler said...

All I can say is, Yikes!