Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Shoe lovers step out and try your hand, er foot at this

The little girls in school are wearing their sandals. So am I. Nothing I love better than freeing my tootsies. One little girl has a pair of sandals; each strap is a primary color. I fawned over them, remembering that I too had a pair just like those when I was her age. I loved those sandals, love-love-loved them!

There is a call out for an upcoming anthology: A Love Affair With Shoes, seeking 1,000 words(in the body of an email, no attachments) from avid shoe lovers. Winners will be published, receive $100.00, plus I think a pair of cool high heels. Get going ladies, walk a mile in your own shoes, kick up your heels and write about your old kicks. Deadline is June 1st
Princesschick@gmail.com

5 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

Somewhere in my blog reading I heard this call for submissions mentioned.

Hopefully I can come up with a story on something other than what might lurk under the frightening pile of jumbled shoes on my closet floor!

Beth M. Wood said...

Thanks for this - I'm so excited. Hmmm... I don't know how I'll stop gushing at 1,000 words. : )

Lynn said...

I am not a shoe person. I love going barefoot. But I am going to pass this information on to my older sister who is a major shoe freak. Thanks!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Oooh... I love shoes. Thanks for the submission tip.

BECKY said...

Hey, this sounds fun, although I am not a shoe person, either! And thank goodness I'm not, I guess, since I definitely spend my "mad" money on books and such, instead of shoes and purses!! I'll give it a look, though! I'm already thinking of something to write....hmmm!