Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I apologize, but I'm not sorry

I admit it, what I did was not nice, but it was fun.

When I was growing up, April Fool's day was fun. We were always pranking one another. It would continue until the next day when one of us would say, "April Fool's is past, and you're the biggest fool at last."

Yesterday morning I hurried out the door as hubby was getting himself out of bed. I came running back, banged on the door, laid on the doorbell. He FINALLY answered, all disheveled, tucking in his shirt. "What's wrong?"

"Oh gosh! I ran over the rabbit." I sobbed hysterically.  "Come help me. What am I going to do? Oh my." I even worked up a tear.

"Where is it?" he asked.

I bent down and looked under my car. He came closer and bent down, too.

Then I said, "April Fool!"

He chased me into the car and said, "You got me out of the bathroom for this?!"

I could have said I ran over the squirrel, or possum, or skunk and he'd have turned and gone back inside. But when I said, "THE rabbit" his facial expression changed. He buys carrots for the wild rabbit who has survived all winter under the shed. He has plied this creature with so much salad fixings it is not far from having a Winnie the Pooh moment: stuck. It is almost too big to squeeze under.

I noticed when I came home my honey had bought carrot seeds to plant in the garden. I suppose he's planning to invite the big bunny boy to his backyard buffet.



 

14 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Does Bill not remember his antics with the flashlight?

He's lucky that's the only prank you pulled on him...(666 would have done something far worse.)

Kathy's Klothesline said...

That was mean! I love it!

Donna Volkenannt said...

Wickedly funny!

Bookie said...

Too Funny! I did not do a thing for the day...afraid it would come home again!

Mevely317 said...

Love, love, love it!
... tho' if my hubby got ME out of the bathroom, it might be a while before I got around to working up any forgiveness. LOL!

Merlesworld said...

You mean lady, but yes it is funny just to see the expression on his face.
Merle..........

Susan said...

ha hahahahaha Oh Linda. That was funny. Glad ol' Peter Cottontail is still intact. You are a diva. Susan

Val said...

You rascally faux-rabbit-runner-overer!

Connie said...

Ooooo! Haha! :-)

Anonymous said...

haha, you did get him good. Question is, did he get you? i'll bet he does next year!

Lynn said...

Poor Bill.

BECKY said...

Ha! I'm glad you got him good! I know he's done crazy things to you...and on many days other than April 1st!! LOL

Pat Wahler said...

Gotta love a guy who loves critters.

Pat
Critter Alley

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

He hasn't figured out your modus operandi yet???