Saturday, February 28, 2015

Grammy brag


Happy face and I have been spending Monday afternoons together. I just can't get enough hugging and kissing. I ask him what the cat says and he says, "Owww." I ask him how Grampy coughs and he goes, "Aheh-heh."

He loves playing peek a boo with me. He hides my eyes with his bare feet, grins and takes them away, and I say, "Peek-a-boo!"  He giggles and giggles and wants to do it again and again.

Liam hit a milestone recently. He's holding his own bottle and using a sippy cup. He's such a chunky little monkey, he can't support his weight in order to crawl. We place him on his tummy; he fusses, whines and then lays his head down and groans. He scoots a couple inches towards a toy, but he is simply too top heavy. My daughter, his grandma, never crawled either, She started pulling up and then walked.

If this little toothless wonder would ever cut a tooth, his mama would be happy. He's a drooling 8 month old baby who gave up the pacifier at 6 weeks but now wants it and gnaws and gnaws on it. He doesn't like teething rings or toys.

11 comments:

Val said...

The feet! I love little baby feet! Don't fret the crawling. Baby Liam will figure out a way to ambulate to get what he wants.

My oldest son never crawled. He pulled himself along on his belly like an army recruit going under barbed wire. My niece's little girl just turned one and started to walk, but she never crawled, either. She kind of "stood" from the knees, with her lower legs on the floor, and HOPPED. Hard on the knees, hard on the pants...but it worked for her.

Bookie said...

What a sweetcakes he is!!! Looks so happy. My sons never crawled much and the trend was to say they could read correctly if they didn't crawl before walking...don't know if they still say that, but was no true in my family!

Sioux Roslawski said...

O
M
G

Give me a big spoon...'cause I want to eat him up.

What a cutie he is.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

His whole little face smiles! So adorable.

Tammy said...

Your posts about Liam really take me back. And I too am warmed by those peek-a-boo feet. I can just feel them!

Mevely317 said...

Liam's just stinkin' adorable, Linda! Why, this photo practically screams, 'Squeeeeeeze me.'

Susan said...

Oh Linda. I can see why your heart is so filled with love for Liam. He is a most adorable baby. Susan p.s. Thanks for all your sweet visits.

Pat Wahler said...

Mr. Cutie Patootie! How fun that you get to spend so much time with him.

Pat
Critter Alley

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

He is just too darn cute. The little guy will never know how many days his smiling face has brightened via his grandmother's FB postings and blog. Such a doll baby.

Donna Volkenannt said...

What a cutie! He looks like he's ready to take on the world!

Connie said...

Oh my gosh, what a cutie pie! :-)