Friday, February 27, 2015

You will never guess who tweeted me!

Thank you all for leaving comments and reading my blog. I appreciate the time it takes.


In one week we will be springing forward, and there will be more daylight, which will make me very happy. I know a lot of people complain about Daylight Savings Time. I rejoice.


Several times last evening we saw flock after flock of geese. Returning, I suppose. I hoped.
Early that  morning when we went out the door, Bill's mockingbird appeared after the winter's absence. It flew right to the picnic table and begged for a bit of egg yolk. I tossed it a strawberry and Bill gave it a bit of egg. It made me happy to see that birdie gulping breakfast.


At 4:00 a.m. it is usually the cat waking me, but this morning it was a teeny little tweet. I laid still and listened. Again, tweet, a moment later tweet, and as it continued I thanked God for my blessings, not the least of which is the birds returning.


That little tweet made me so happy until I realized it was the little twerp in my bed. Bill had a nose whistle, so I nudged him awake, but he went right back to sleep. Can't say that I did.

8 comments:

Cathy C. Hall said...

You are the Queen of the Tease.

(I mean that in the nicest--and cleanest--of ways!)

Connie said...

Oh my goodness, Linda. This made me laugh out loud. :D Well done! I hope the real tweeting birds return soon.

Bookie said...

Glad you can see signs!!! Here it is very cold and dark this morning. Forecast is for ice over weekend. YUCKY. But I am like your birds, hanging on to the limb and waiting!

Terri Tiffany said...

You got me!! Glad spring is coming your way!

Susan said...

Ha ha hahaha That was so funny, Linda. You are a riot. By the way, thanks for all your sweet visits. Susan

Kathy's Klothesline said...

My cat, Martha wakes me every morning when he lifts the shade on the window closest to me. Maybe he sees Spring coming?

Tammy said...

I don't know how I missed this before, but it really made me giggle. Ah, nature is a beautiful thing!

Pat Wahler said...

LOL- What a tweet!

Pat
Critter Alley