Monday, November 14, 2016

Thursday evening 6-8 please join us.


Local Author Open House for Over 100 Authors!
                   I am one of the one hundred!

We eat local, we shop local, so let’s read local! Don’t miss the St. Charles City-County Library District’s Local Author Open House. At this one-of-a-kind event more than 100 local authors will be gathered in one place to sell and autograph their books, and to talk to visitors about how they got their start.

The 2016 Local Author Open House, now in its 8th year, is being held on Thursday, November 17 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm at the Spencer Road Branch, 427 Spencer Road, St. Peters, MO 63376.

“This gathering of so many local authors in one place, is an event that you will not find anywhere else in the area,” said St. Charles City-County Library District Adult Services Manager Sara Nielsen. “We are excited to be able to help people discover the many authors that live right here in our own community.”

The St. Charles City-County Library District offers a special collection that features the work of local authors. This collection is housed at the Middendorf-Kredell Branch, or you can browse and reserve a title online. To access the collection online, go to www.youranswerplace.org/specialservices and select “Local Author Collection.”

Refreshments will be provided, and attendance prizes will be given out. Register online at youranswerplace.org or call the Spencer Road Branch at 636-441-0522.

10 comments:

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--I will see you there. It sounds like a great evening (as it always is).

Donna Volkenannt said...

Hi Linda,
I'll see you there! It's always a good time.

Bookie said...

Sounds like a fun event...wish I were closer!

Val said...

All of you together in one place? I'll probably hear the cackling from here!

Pat Wahler said...

We had a lot of fun last year. I'm sure this year will be wonderful, too. See you there!

Pat
www.patwahler.com

BECKY said...

I was surprised to see it's been moved to the Spencer Road branch, but that makes a whole lot of sense....Spencer Road is MUCH larger! Everyone was so crammed into the O'Fallon branch for years, and this will be much more "browsing friendly." It just occurred to me that maybe I've been really out of the loop, and this branch has hosted the event for a couple of years already? Whenever it was chosen...Fabulous Idea! Don't know if I'll be able to make it or not...If I do, I'm sure I'll find all my writer pals!

Connie said...

This sounds like a neat event. I hope you have fun!

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

Y'all do so much fun stuff up there! Hope you have a great time tomorrow.

Karen Lange said...

Sounds like a great event. Have fun!

Margo Dill said...

Sorry to miss it this year. Katie has gymnastics! :)