Off to production with a June 2014 release date

Off to production with a June 2014 release date
June Release watch for upcoming news

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Writer's Guild meeting today

Just returned from the St. Louis Writer's Guild meeting, where Mike Eisenbath, former Post-Dispatch sports writer, discussed conventional publishing vs. self publishing. He discussed his coffee table book about the St. Louis Cardinals, and also detailed how he self-published a book about depression. He was definitely a motivational and inspirational speaker.

When I first started attending SLWG speaker's series, I'd look at the topic and think, I know about that already. I had little hope of learning something new, but I have always taken something away that I have used at some time in my writing. Today, Mike's snippet of writer's truth was this: get to know someone and find out THEIR story. I try to do that. I find a topic and weave another person's feelings and experiences into my own.

I am grateful for the support I have received from this organization and the many friends I have made.

No comments: