Friday, June 26, 2009

Can't believe EVERYTHING you read~

My friend and fellow writer, Katie Shanahan, opened a craft store in Soulard at 1009 Russell Blvd. called PASTE. It is a delightful litle nook with all sorts of scrapbooking supplies, jewelry, and hand crafted cards and goodies. I wish her tremendous success. Stop by and look above the checkout counter at her clear acrylic bucket lamp filled with... Go see it!

I googled my name and was stunned by two references to two of my stories. One was a complete Chicken Soup story written in Chinese as well as English. The author stated that the story was originally printed in Chicken Soup for the Unsinkable Soul, printed with my permission. Both of those statements are false. It was printed in Chicken Soup for the Gardener's Soul.

Also, a blogger on a gardening site mentioned my recent story, Grandpa's Garden, published in the Ultimate Gardener. Although she raved about it, she got all the details wrong; said I took my sons to Grandpa's. Actually our granddaughter and grandson were at our house playing in Grandpa's Garden.

Incidentally, this week I received a personal note from our senator who wrote that he enjoyed reading the article written in The Call about Grandpa's Garden. He said it reminded him of fond memories of his grandma's garden. That was really a nice surprise.

Just a few more days until Chicken Soup June story deadlines. Check it out.

No comments: