Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cherokee Prayer Blessing

Sunday 7:00 p.m.

Today was an incredibly beautiful, sunny day. Bill and I walked around a lake and through a park slurping up the sun, sidling up to a blue heron, parting a gaggle of geese. Then I briskly walked at least a mile through a new Wal-Mart store. That makes up for all those treats I ate last night. The highlight was a visit with friends who just had a newborn baby girl. She's a little doll. And I was in my glory watching her mew and her little eyes flutter as she slept in my arms. Oh what a feeling!

I got an email from another friend whose mother passed away. It made me realize how we can be so filled with joy and the next instant consumed with sadness. So many of my friends are experiencing a multitude of emotions as they deal with family illnesses and their own; with loss and grief; with holding on and letting go ... with life. This I dedicate to all of you~

CHEROKEE PRAYER BLESSING
May the warm winds of heaven blow softly upon your house.
May the Great Spirit bless all who enter there.
May your mocassins make happy tracks in many snows,
and may the rainbow always touch your shoulder.

No comments: