Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Expressions of love

I'm reading an anthology, Heavenly Humor for the Woman's Soul. One of the stories made me smile. Rachel St. John-Gilbert wrote about aging and marital intimacy. Her mother told her that a woman has to adjust to the changes that come along with wrinkles and pounds, and she quoted Robert Browning, "Grow old with me! The best is yet to come." Her mother went on to advise, "But as time goes by, Aunt Minnie Pause drops in to visit Mom about the same time that Dad discovers his Don Juan readiness can't always be counted on. Add to that a drop in energy levels, and you may well have to take a nap before enjoying a nighttime romance."

St. John-Gilbert wrote that one winter night her husband climbed into bed before her, and she squealed with ecstatic gratitude because he had turned on the electric blanket on her side of the bed.

Sometimes it is the meanigful little things in the bedroom that matter as you age, like my hubby not complaining when I put my cold feet on him when I snuggle up. (grin)

No comments: