Monday, October 9, 2017

Come out and bail me out of my funk

I fell asleep on the couch last night.
At 2:00 a.m. I finally went to bed.
Searched for the top sheet,
but found my honey burrito-wrapped instead.

So I wrote a couple pieces 
and sent them off with hope.
They all bounced back this morning.
Now I sit and mope.

Such is the writer's/retiree's life.


If you are out and about on Saturday, stop by Spencer Library for the Indie Author Event from 10-2. There will be 100 authors there! My fellow Chicken Soup for the Soul writers and I will be participating. This is always a fun time. 

 427 Spencer Road St. Peter's, MO (Chocolate for my friends!)

You do not have to sign up. Disregard those words on the poster.

7 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

This will be my third year participating in this event. It's always lots of fun to see my writer pals!

Pat
www.patwahler.com

Donna Volkenannt said...

So happy to see you there again this year, Linda. I'll be there and am looking forward to getting together again
1

Sandi said...

Are you really in a funk, Linda?

I don’t know how to cure that, but I do have a joke for you.

Q: Where does Napolean keep his armies?









A: In his sleevies!

Susan said...

Dear Linda....Finding burrito husband, must have been no fun.
You had to sleep uncovered, like a hotdog without a bun!

Always love your posts, dear Linda. Keep up the good work. Susan

Val said...

Substitute "old people chair" for "couch" and that first half could have described my night! Not the other part, though. I commend you for your commitment to submitting!

Chatty Crone said...

Hope you are out of your funk now!

UplayOnline said...

It's always lots of fun to see my writer pals!


เย็ดสาว