Thursday, August 12, 2010

Assurances and connections

We are on day nine of no home computer, but the friendly fellow in the India call center assured us, "You are right, it IS the modem, and it is in the mail." Halleluia! I am assured that I will finally be able to submit those eight stories/poems before the month expires. I will soon be connected again.

I am thinking of other assurances. I feel so blessed in the morning when I see the sun rise. I am assured that I have another day on this earth to try to forgive, (those dummies in the call center and the annoying girl at the library and the older sleeping man sitting across from me who startled himself and ME when he loudly farted).

I am assured that I have the opportunity to make someone's day by listening,
laughing and smiling. I am assured that I make a difference when I go to see my two year old granddaughter and she squeals, "My nana, my nana's here!" And my eight year old grandson asks me if I can help him write story and he prefers to sit with me than play outside with his friends. And better yet, my sometimes sweet, sometimes moody daughter-in-law asked me, "When are you going to help me write MY life story?" I was so touched by her request. I know my writing makes a difference.

I am assured that life will go on without me, but while I am here, I feel I should make the most of every day that is given to me. So on that note, I want to say, I appreciate all of you. You make my day. When I see a response to a post, I rejoice. When I read your blogs I feel as though I am sitting in your kitchen. I am assured that despite the lack of computer, we are all connected. Have a great day and write on!

4 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

I don't know how you are surviving!;) I hope it is fixed soon!

Karen Lange said...

I love the title of this post! What a great and blessed reminder of the important stuff and keeping things in perspective. I'm with you; blog friends are great, and they never fail to boost my day with their comments or emails.
Have a great weekend!
Blessings,
Karen

Bookie said...

Great attitude for such a trying time! Sorry I misunderstood and thought you were online again.

Oh, I do know the Muny...I went ONCE many years ago but not a great experience because people were aroudn us with unruly children. It was Unsinkable Molly Brown! I remember it was hot too...and I always wanted to go back.

BECKY said...

Great post, Linda! Really uplifting this morning. But, to borrow the perfect word from Bookie...UNRULY....What is it with the people who frequent your library? Oh, I remember....it's not them, it's YOU! I always said you attract the weirdos! You are the magnet to all those stories "out there"! :)