Friday, August 13, 2010

Exercise makes me hungry

I had the kiddie pool to myself at the gym this morning. I watched the water aerobics senior ladies doing their exercises in the lap lanes, and I did mine in the lazy river. I walked, hopped, and even skipped against the strong current. I did knee and leg bends, arm exercizes; I even boxed the water with hands submerged (try this strenuous exercise.) After forty-five minutes in the pool, I'd worked out and also worked up an appetite. It's a never ending vicious cycle. Doc says, "Move it or lose it." If only it worked this way: Eat it and lose it. I'm going to munch something healthy before I devour that oatmeal raisin cookie calling my name.

Don't forget, if you are looking for something fun to do this weekend, head to Stone Hill Winery in Hermann, MO tomorrow. Dianna Graveman and her husband and co author, Don, will be signing their book Missouri Wine Country from St. Charles to Hermann, from 11:00-1:00. It's grape stomping time!

5 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

Exercise. Another thing to fit into the schedule!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Susan said...

Good for you for exercising, Linda. I absolutely LOVE swimming. Susan

BECKY said...

Yeah...exercise....who has enough hours in the day?? My exercise for the past few months has consisted of going up and down stairs, carrying laundry baskets, vacuuming, uh...all that stuff! Maybe that's why I've gained weight, too, huh?? No outside walking since the heat wave hit! Come on Autumn!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again, Linda! Hope you have fun next week!

Tammy said...

Wish I had your discipline. Go Linda!