Friday, April 1, 2016

Only In America!

 
My story, The Feelings Flag, will appear in this book which will be released on June 7th. The story, which some of you know, is close to my heart. On 9/11 when unspeakable horror was occurring, and when nobody knew what to say or do, I was a pre K teacher, housed in a middle school. I acted on impulse in order to give the older students a voice.

I submitted several stories for this collection, but they were not accepted. I will seek other homes for them. I am ever grateful, as this is the 24th Chicken Soup title in which my stories have been published.

Never give up hope. Nobody buys all the clothes on a rack, and most writers don't sell everything they write. Rejection is often about editorial needs rather than your writing. So write on!
Chicken Soup for the Soul is looking for stories about The Joy of Christmas and also stories on dogs and cats. Just start writing your thoughts down and soon you may see a story take shape.

                                         Four generations on a very windy Easter morning.
                                  My daughter Tracey, Granddaughter Ashley, Liam and me. 

8 comments:

Bookie said...

Congrats to you! It is a great piece...obviously CS thought so too!! Great writing encouragement words too.

Connie said...

That's great! Congratulations! Wonderful photo too. :)

Val said...

Another notch in your Chicken Soup belt! Congrats!

Sioux Roslawski said...

Linda--Congratulations (said the disgruntled, rejected writer). That story is a good one.

Your daughter and granddaughter are beautiful, and your great-great grandson Liam is such a cutie.

Lisa Ricard Claro said...

24! You're an inspiration. Think of all the people who have been touched by your stories, and more to be touched by this one. Congratulations!

Pat Wahler said...

Awesome! Congrats!

Pat
Critter Alley

Donna Volkenannt said...

Love your family photo. And congratulations on #24. You are amazing!

Sandi said...

I want to hear the story!

But June...June?! ;-)